sábado, 18 de março de 2006

Clinical field research

My Uncle Bill taught Guatemalan radio technicians in record time by locking them up in a workshop full of broken radios. They learnt in what we would call an experimental setting. "Within two weeks all the radios worked," said my Uncle proudly, "and the boys knew more about electronics than after a year in college." In the same way I learnt a great by trying to help people improve their social lives. I closeted myself with psychotherapy clients who had 'social problems'. Data collected in such a manner seldom reach the level of verifiability that quantitative researchers require. As Albert Einstein put it, "Not everything countable counts. And not everything that counts is countable." The lack of statistical certainty in this study is compensated by the robustness of the reported phenomena.
In general, I hope that this book adds to the development of a methodology for what Charles Faulkner insists we should call "applied cognitive linguistics".

in "Social Panoramas, changing the unconscious landscape with NLP ans psychotherapy", Lucas Derks. (alguns exemplares disponíveis emLisboa e Fátima)

Sem comentários: